Make it Mar Vista 2018
Join the Mar Vista Chamber of Commerce for
Make it Mar Vista,
Proudly Backed by American Express
Happening on Saturday, November 24th
from 12pm – 6pm on Grand View Blvd
Followed by the quarterly awesomeness that is
the Mar Vista Art Walk!
The Mar Vista Chamber of Commerce has partnered with American Express for the past 5 years to create Make It Mar Vista, a celebration of Small Business Saturday in Mar Vista, California.
Small Business Saturday is the antidote to Black Friday, when American Express asks people to Shop Local and Shop Small at businesses in their neighborhood.
For the past two years, the Mar Vista Art Walk has held their Fall event on the same date and created an epic event lasting all day and into the night.
Activations at the event
(All activations run from 12pm – 6pm, unless otherwise noted.)
– Skating Rink 12-4pm
– photos with Santa and the LAPD Pacific Division Santa Sleigh 12-4pm
– Photo Booth sponsored by local realtor 12-4pm
– Hourly Snow Fall
– Cookie Scavenger Hunt 12-3pm
– Kid Zone 12 – 6pm with Bouncy houses, snow play pit, craft table, carnival games, face painting
– Craft Vendor booths, Pamper Lounge booths (with massage, cryo therapy, reflexology, practitioners), and other local small businesses
– Shop Local Guide to all businesses in Mar Vista
– Goodie Bags
– Food Trucks – Cali Banh Mi, MeSo Hungry, Richeeze Grilled Cheese, The Green Truck
– Stage with performances all day – see performer list:
12P-1230P – Opening act Venice High School CHOIR
1230P-1240P – Opening remarks
1P- 130P – HULA Performance
130P – 2P- Florence La Rue (from the 5th Dimension)
2P-220P KickStart Performance
330P-350P- Martial Arts- Werdum
415P – 6P Marina Del Rey Jazz Band