A fire on February 23rd at 3712 Meier Street left a home badly damaged and a family in chaos, and you can help. The Estigarrivia-Albertini family were awoken in the night by the fire and had trouble escaping the flames because the bars on one room’s windows were bolted in place and in another room a safety latch on the bars didn’t work as it was supposed to. Jose, Maria and their daughter Luna all suffered burns and smoke inhalation, Jose having been affected the worst.
Maria and Luna have by now been released from the hospital, and it’s hoped Luna will start back to school soon. Maria is still receiving treatments at the burn center, but unfortunately, Jose’s condition is still critical and he remains heavily sedated in the burn center.
A benefit garage sale has been planned for March 27th, for which they are accepting donated items to sell, and if you’d like to participate in that, please contact Jennifer Hemsley (jennifer_hemsley (at) yahoo (dot) com).
I am indebted to Reverend Elizabeth Oakes for providing me with this family’s story to share here. It’s heart-breaking and I want to do all I can to help them with their recovery. Please join me. And please make sure your own homes are safe.